My name is Alyice (uh-lease) and I truly am very happy to have you here. Under the umbrella of The Dabbling Mum®, I freelance as a web content writer, author books, and create mixed media art and graphic design projects.
I am currently based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota... but thanks to the powers of the Internet, I can work with small business owners and individuals from all over the United States.
Please have a look around my office on the web and if you need any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.
Content Writer | Content Management | eBook Cover Design
As a freelance writer for hire, I can write on a variety of topics as long as there are sources to interview, company materials to be read, and/or a way to research the information online. And I have no problem working with you to tweak an idea you jotted down but need polished.
I can write:
- article marketing / guest post content: designed to drive traffic back to your website, blog or social media network—and done without sounding like one big sales pitch;
- non-fiction pieces: with or without expert quotes (including how-to articles, list articles, step-by-step instructionals, tip
sheets, compilation articles, reviews, etc.);
- question and answer segments: that highlight an industry expert or answer a reader's question;
- small business materials: to update your customer base, spread the word about your company, or increase productivity within the company (including press releases, telephone scripts, form letters, guidelines, product tutorials, service tutorials, procedure manuals, brochures, blog updates, web page content, newsletters, e-zines);
- social media posts: to stay in touch with your customers and/or clients (including Facebook posts, Pinterest tip boards, status updates, etc.);
- personal point-of-view, reflective essays, or editorial pieces; and/or
- personal projects: eulogy writing, personal letters from the heart, resume editing, and more.
Click for samples | Click for rates
I take a personal, and vested, interest in your business to make sure I produce content you're happy with—no matter the platform. And regardless of the amount of content you purchase, I always strive to bring the best I have to the table and look forward to honest, constructive critiques that help improve the final output—all I ask is that you don't be mean about it.
I'll listen to what you want done, ask a few questions, conduct a little research, interview a subject or two (if necessary), then create the first draft.
After you receive the first draft, you'll make a few notes to let me know what's working and what's not. I'll read over your notes and if I have any questions or concerns about the changes, I'll get back with you. Otherwise, I'll use your notes to create a stronger, more cohesive second draft.
Once the second draft is complete, I'll ask you to read it over. If any final changes need to be made, I'll make them and return the final copy to you within a few days.
In the end, you should hold in your hands, content that is well researched, flows from beginning to end, weaves in your selected keywords and/or keyword phrases, and fulfills the search engine's requirements for original content.
I spent 13 years managing a constantly changing team of freelance writers who wrote high quality content for an award-winning online magazine, so I can help with locating and working with columnists to produce quality content for your small publication. And, I can help with maintaining and updating your company blog. Click for rates
When I first started writing e-books, cover art wasn't as important as the final product. In fact, I went years without cover art and sold my e-books just fine. But today, cover art does more than just make your e-book look professional, it actually helps sell your book! A good book cover, regardless of how fancy or simple, entices readers... beckoning them to know more about what's inside. Get an affordable book cover designed, today. Click for rates
My hourly rate is $45 per hour. Hourly rates are billable in 15 minute increments, with a minimum of two paid hours.
- Payment is accepted in the form of checks, cashier's checks, and credit cards.
If you send a business check, work on your project will not begin until the check clears the bank―which usually takes 5-10 days from time of deposit.
- For projects under $500, 100% of payment is due up front.
- For projects over $500, 50% of the payment must be received before I work on any project. 25% of the remaining balance is due after the first draft is turned in. And the balance of the final payment is due before the completed project is turned over to you.
- All payments are non-refundable. Refunds are not offered because the time I devote to a project is unrecoverable. However, I will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with the work I perform.
- Billable hours include, but are not limited to, physical meetings, conference calls (phone, email, or instant messenger), work on actual project, reading of background or research materials, and research time pertaining to work on your project (including interviewing sources).
- Additional fees may apply if the work you require to be done incurs out-of-pocket expenses. Additional expenses will be discussed and agreed upon BEFORE they are incurred.
- Certain writing projects have flat rates (or set fees), like my eulogy and press release writing services.
For a flat rate of $65, I can create a simple, low-key e-book cover.
- The original size of your book's cover image will be 8.5" x 11"—so you can make it the cover image of your pdf file.
- The file will then be resized to 200x259 pixels and 271x350 pixels—so you can share the cover with the press or as thumbnails.
- Cover will be saved as a 300 dpi .png and .jpg file.
- Two (2) rounds of revisions on design are included per e-book cover design.
- Text, images, and logo are supplied by you.
Please make sure you have the legal right to use any artwork and/or photographs you submit.
Turnaround time depends on the length and complexity of your project and my current workload.
- Small writing projects—between 1 and 1,500 words—require 7 to 14 days to complete, unless otherwise stated or agreed upon.
- Larger writing projects—especially those requiring extensive research and interviews—require more time, usually 21 to 32 days to complete.
- Book length projects require months to complete, often resulting in the delivery of a single chapter at a time, within an agreed upon time frame.
- Book cover designs require a minimum of 48 hours to complete, unless a more complicated design is requested.
Ready to get started?
If you need a virtual assistant who can write well, loves socializing online, enjoys learning new things, has fun with new challenges, and has a knack for meeting deadlines and providing reliable services, don't hesitate to drop me an email so we can discuss your project further.