Contest Policies & Faqs
For purpose of clarity, when the following agreement mentions "The Dabbling Mum", "we", or "our", it is referring to our owners, officers, directors, consultants, or other representatives. When the following agreement mentions "DM Services", it is referring to our network of sites (websites, blogs, video blogs, forums, online shops, social media networks, etc.), products (artwork, books, e-books, digital downloads, prints, videos, workshops, etc.), and services (freelance writing, coaching, design work, virtual assistance, etc.).
We reserve sole and final judgment on all matters concerning events as well as the interpretation of the rules.
- No purchase is necessary to enter our events.
- Only one (1) entry per person, per event.
- Odds of winning are based upon number of entrants.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Entrants DO NOT need to be subscribed to our newsletters or blogs.
- Entrants DO NOT have to purchase our products or services to enter.
- Entrants must follow our the specific rules and regulations of each event, in order to be entered.
- Entrants must wait two (2) months, after winning, before entering another event.
- Each event has its own deadline.
- All entries must be submitted on or before midnight on the date set forth for each event.
Winner Selection and Notification
- The odds of winning an event vary due to the number of qualified entrants and the quality of entries.
- All winners will be notified by email only.
- Keep your email address current. If we cannot get ahold of you by email, you forfeit your winner's status.
- Make sure your email filters do not prevent us from sending you the email.
- Drawing winners will be selected by placing all qualified entrants into a hat, then pulling out a winner. If, however, the number of entries exceed ten entrants, an automatic number generator like Random.org will be used to select a winner.
- If a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable amount of effort has been made to notify the winner of the prize, the winner forfeits his/her rights to the winning prize.
- If a winner does not get in touch with the prize sponsor(s) within 21 days of winning, the winner forfeits his/her prize.
- If an email returns undeliverable, sponsors will try to contact winners by phone or snail mail. If no alternate contact information has been provided, or no contact has been made within 21 days of winning announcement, winner forfeits his/her rights to the prize.
- When a winner cannot be reached, a new winner will be selected from the existing entrants.
- In the event that no winner can be located after selecting an alternative winner, prizes will be returned to sponors or held for another event.
- Events are void where prohibited by law.
- All taxes on any prize won are the sole responsibility of each winner, including, without limitation, any federal, state, or local taxes, which may be deemed applicable in such winner's jurisdiction of residence.
- A 1099 form will be filed with the U.S. government for any prize that is valued over $600.
- All prizes will be mailed to U.S. participants free of charge.
Winners outside the U.S. must pay postage fees (which are considerably higher.)
- All prizes distributed to winners are the sole responsibility of the prize donor(s).
- All prizes distributed by us are sent by regular postal mail or media mail.
- We reserve the right to cancel an event at any time. (A reason for canceling may be lack of participation.)
- We reserve the right to modify the event rules at any given time, including the extension of deadlines.
- Events shall be governed by South Dakota law.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, city, state, and winning entry for promotional purposes.
- Entrants agree that entries constitute permission to use winning submissions within DM Services without compensation.
- Entering events constitutes permission to archive winning entries (i.e. essays, photographs of artwork) indefinitely.
Hold Harmless Release
By entering our contests and drawings you agree to hold harmless The Dabbling Mum and its sponsors (prize donors). We, nor our sponsors are to be held liable for:
- any claims, damages, losses, injuries, or death including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part,
any event, including entry and participation in any event and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes;
- entries that do not follow guidelines;
- entries and responses to winner notifications that are illegible, incomplete, late, lost, misdelivered, marked postage-due, or undeliverable; and
- any technical or human errors, malfunctions, failures, etc. resulting in participation of events.
We are not liable or responsible for:
- sponsors who do not follow through with delivery of prizes;
- prizes that are lost in the mail, arrive damage, are defective, or have other unforeseen problems; and
- sponsors who substitute another prize in lieu of the original prize.
Your privacy is important to us. We will not sell, trade, or give away your private information without your consent.
We only collect your address so that the contest sponsor(s) may send your prize, should you win.
By entering events through DM Services, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of South Dakota, in the county of Union, in regards to any litigation arising from such use.
Entrants agree that the American Arbitration Association shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the contests or drawings sponsored by The Dabbling Mum.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time and without prior notice. Any changes and/or updates made to our contest policy will be posted on this page.