Contest / Drawing Rules and Legal Disclaimer
Only one (1) winner for each prize-place.
The Dabbling Mum®, its staff, and its owners reserve sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning contests / drawings and interpretation of contest / drawing rules.
By entering any contest or drawing via The Dabbling Mum® network of sites, you agree to abide by the following terms. If you cannot agree to the following terms, do not enter our contest(s) or drawing(s).
Eligibility/How To Enter | Deadlines | Winner Selection | Disqualification
General Conditions | Entrant Release | Hold Harmless | Prize Release
Press Release | Privacy
- No purchase is necessary to enter our contests or drawings.
- Only one (1) entry per person, per contest or drawing.
- Odds of winning are based upon number of entrants.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Entrants DO NOT need to be subscribed to newsletters, or blogs.
- Entries must be sent using the format provided and sent to correct email addresses.
- We don't put a limit on your how many contests or drawing you can enter in a year, but we do request that once you've won, you wait two (2) months before entering another contest or drawing!
- Each contest or drawing has its own deadline.
- All entries must be submitted on or before midnight on the date set forth for each specific contest or drawing.
- The odds of winning a contest vary due to the number of entrants and the quality of entries.
- The odds of winning a drawing vary based upon the number of qualified entrants.
- All winners will be notified by email only.
- Keep your email address current. If we cannot get ahold of you by email, you forfeit your winner's status.
- Make sure your email filters do not prevent us from sending you the email.
- Prize sponsors will contact winners by email to confirm winnings.
- Contests will be judged by a panel of experts. The decisions made by the judges regarding contest winners are final and binding.
- Drawing winners will be selected by placing all qualified entrants into a hat, then pulling out a winner. If, however, the number of entries exceed ten entrants, an automatic number generator like Random.org will be used to select a winner.
- If a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable amount of effort has been made to notify the winner of the prize, the winner forfeits his/her rights to the winning prize.
- If a winner does not get in touch with the prize sponsor(s) within 21 days of winning, the winner forfeits his/her prize.
- If an email returns undeliverable, sponsors will try to contact winners by phone or snail mail. If no alternate contact information has been provided, or no contact has been made within 21 days of winning announcement, winner forfeits his/her rights to the prize.
- When a winner cannot be reached, a new winner will be selected from the existing entrants.
- In the event that no winner can be located after selecting an alternative winner, prizes will be returned to sponors or held for another contest or drawing.
- Contest or drawing is void where prohibited by law.
- All taxes on any prize won are the sole responsibility of each winner, including, without limitation, any federal, state, or local taxes, which may be deemed applicable in such winner's jurisdiction of residence.
- A 1099 form will be filed with the U.S. government for any prize that is valued over $600.
- All prizes will be mailed to U.S. participants free of charge.
Winners outside the U.S. must pay postage fees (which are considerably higher.)
- All prizes distributed to winners are the sole responsibility of the prize donor(s).
- All prizes distributed by The Dabbling Mum® are sent by regular postal mail or media mail.
- The Dabbling Mum® reserves the right to cancel contests or drawings at any time. A reason for canceling may be lack of participation.
- The Dabbling Mum® reserves the right to modify the contest or drawing rules at any given time, including the extension of deadlines.
- Contest or drawing shall be governed by South Dakota law.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, city, state, and winning entry for promotional purposes.
- Entrants agree that contest or drawing entries constitute permission to use winning submissions in The Dabbling Mum®'s network of sites without further compensation. Furthermore, entering contests or drawings constitutes permission to archive winning entries indefinitely.
- Entrants agree that the sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning contests or drawings, and interpretation of contest or drawing rules, are at the sole discretion of The Dabbling Mum®, its owners, and its staff.
The Dabbling Mum®, its owners, its staff, and its sponsors (prize donors) are not liable or responsible for:
- any claims, damages, losses, injuries, or death including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part,
any contest or drawing, including entry and participation in any contest or drawing and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes;
- entries that do not follow guidelines;
- entries and responses to winner notifications that are illegible, incomplete, late, lost, misdelivered, marked postage-due, or undeliverable; and
- any technical or human errors, malfunctions, failures, etc. resulting in participation of contests or drawings.
The Dabbling Mum®, its owners, its staff, its affiliates, and its advertisers are not liable or responsible for:
- sponsors (prize donors) who do not follow through with delivery of prizes;
- prizes that are lost in the mail, arrive damage, are defective, or have other unforeseen problems; and
- sponsors who substitute another prize in lieu of the original prize.
Did you win? Send a press release to your local newspaper!
Here is a brief media announcement you can alter for your local media.
For Immediate Release
Your full name
LOCAL RESIDENT WINS ONLINE CONTEST!
City, State resident, (first and last name) won ___ place in The Dabbling Mum ______ contest.
As the winner, _______________ will receive _____________________.
You can read (your last name)'s winning essay at _____________!
[Change this information to meet the contest's criteria.]
The Dabbling Mum® (www.thedabblingmum.com) is a national parenting publication for BUSY parents. It offers free how-to information on everything from arts and crafts projects to home business ideas to freelance writing to cooking tips to parenting advice to quick product reviews and inspirational interviews.
Your privacy is important to us. The Dabbling Mum will not sell, trade, or give away your private information without your consent.
The Dabbling Mum® only collects your address so that the contest sponsor(s) may send your prize, should you win.
Entrants agree that the American Arbitration Association shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the contests or drawings sponsored by The Dabbling Mum®.